Town Meeting Warrant
A warrant is a document issued by the Select Board to call a town meeting.
Warrants essentially list an agenda of items called articles to be voted on by those present. Items on the agenda can vary significantly, from the annual operating budget of the town to adjustment of by-laws.
In Massachusetts, residents may place articles on the warrant without approval of the Select Board by petitioning to insert the article. Petitions to insert an article on the warrant for an Annual Town Meeting require ten signatures of eligible Southampton voters. Petitions to insert an article on the warrant for a Special Town Meeting require 100 signatures or the signatures of ten per cent of the registered voters in the town, whichever is less. The Warrant for the Annual Town Meeting is usually open for acceptance of articles until the month before the meeting. Please call the Town Administrator’s Office (413)529-0106) for more information and to check the latest dates.
Annual Town Meetings
The Annual Town Meeting is held on the first Tuesday of May at 7:00 PM in the William E. Norris Elementary School, 34 Pomeroy Meadow Rd.
Town Meeting Warrants
Minutes of these meetings are found on the Town Clerk's page.
- Fiscal Year 2024
- Fiscal Year 2023
- Fiscal Year 2022
- Fiscal Year 2021
- Fiscal Year 2020
- Fiscal Year 2019
- Special Town Meeting Warrant with Motions and Summaries – 10-22-2019
- Annual Town Meeting Warrant 5/7/2019
AMENDMENTS TO ANNUAL TOWN MEETING 5/7/2019
- 68 Pomeroy Meadow Rd Amendment to Annual Town Meeting 5/7/2019
- Water Enterprise Amendment to Annual Town Meeting 5/7/2019
- Operating Police Budget Amendment to Annual Town Meeting 5/7/2019
- Norris School Operating Budget Amendment to Annual Town Meeting 5/7/2019
- Special Town Meeting Warrant with Motion and Attachments – 2-5-2019
Fiscal Year 2018
- Fiscal Year 2017
- Fiscal Year 2016
- Fiscal Year 2015
- Fiscal Year 2014